How to store shoes?
There is plenty to love about our shoes. The way they feel, the way they look and the way they complete our favorite outfits – elevating our confidence and self-esteem on any given day. But how do you best keep your shoes intact, stylish and comfortable? Whether you wish to care for your office ballet flats or your tall boots, start with the shoes you already have in your closet and do the following:
- Get organized and get a grasp of what shoes you own today. Take all your shoes out of the closet, pair them up and get a clear overview over what footwear you already own.
- Separate your dressy shoes from your casual shoes. Ask yourself “What shoes do I wear nearly every day?” and “What shoes do I only wear for special occasions?” and go from there.
- Polish your shoes. Not only will this type of care breathe new life into leather, but it will also make you more comfortable about trying them on with a new outfit.
- Store your shoes in boxes and shoe bags. Store your shoes so that they can “breathe” and use containers that fit the size of your shoes.
- Mark your storage boxes so that you can easily find your shoes when you need them. This saves you from pulling out the wrong shoes over and over.
How to protect shoes
- Treat new shoes before wearing them. Always ask your place of purchase if you should waterproof your new shoes or do anything else before you wear them the first time.
- Keep alternative shoes handy so that you do not wear your new shoes every day of the week until they smell and are worn down.
- Wear socks or use insoles that protect your shoes from perspiration and from wear and tear on the inside.
- Use shoetrees or shoe blocks made out of cedar or other material that will help your shoes keep their shape and comfort.
- Love your shoes. If you genuinely care for your shoes, treat them with the same respect and affection you would anything else in your wardrobe – and they will last a long, long time.
By following above steps your shoes will surely remain in great condition – keeping you stylish and comfortable for years to come.